WiFi Terms & Conditions and Fair Usage Policy
RUE VINCENT FREE WIFI
- Our free WiFi service is subject to our Fair Usage Policy and intended for email, instant messaging, browsing the internet, using apps and accessing corporate intranets. All guests are required to restrict their usage to the fair usage policy.
- Uploading and downloading data, streaming, peer to peer and other applications which consume large amounts of bandwidth and data are not supported and not permitted under this Policy. We suggest if you plan to use an e-reader or other entertainment device that you download the content you wish to view prior to arrival.
- All guests agree that they will use the services responsibly and that they will behave in a lawful, honest and proper manner when accessing the services. Without prejudice to any other provision of this agreement, we may terminate your use of the service at any time without notice if we become aware of behaviour that has a negative effect on our equipment or network or the internet in general, or which damages, or has the potential to damage, our reputation.
- Guests may not use the service for any illegal purpose (including but not limited to breaching any intellectual property or computer misuse legislation and downloading or uploading any illegal material); send any unsolicited commercial email (or “spam”) or any activity relating to it; carry out any “hacking” activities such as attempting to access systems without authorization or carry out denial of service attacks.
- Guests should also ensure that they have up to date anti-virus software and perform regular virus scans.
- Children using the Internet should be supervised by an adult.
- We require that anyone wishing to use our free internet service uses a password which will be issued by the owners. We kindly ask that you keep this password to yourself. The password will only be valid during the duration of the stay to avoid the exploitation of the network.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that you are provided with a free, uninterrupted service 24 hours a day. We will not be liable however, for any reason, if the service is not available at any time for any period, nor for any loss of data or damage to the equipment you suffer as a result of using our service. For this reason we strongly recommend that you regularly save any work you are doing whilst using the service.
- We reserve the right to suspend access at any time and for any reason, including routine or emergency maintenance of the servers. We strongly recommend that you regularly save any work you are doing whilst using the service.
- Data Protection - You may be required to provide us with certain personal information. We will use such personal information in accordance with relevant data protection legislation. You warrant and undertake to us that all of the personal information you provide us with is complete and accurate. We will not disclose any personal information which is provided by you during the provision of such services to you to any third party without your permission, other than:
- To any subcontractors or agents engaged by us to provide any support or administration, facilities management or similar services (subject to the subcontractors and /or agents undertaking to keep such personal information confidential)
- To any company or organisation to which we transfer our responsibilities to provide these services and products to you or
- Where required by law or made in connection with legal or regulatory proceedings
NB - We may log traffic data to assist us with the implementation of our terms and conditions and our fair use policy, although it is our policy to respect your privacy.