- If you have a question for us or would like to make a provisional reservation, please call us on 00 33 5 46 33 22 26
- or complete our online Contact Form and we will respond by return.
- To Secure an agreed booking, please download, complete and return our Booking Form. Signed, scanned copies are accepted by email or return to us by post.
1. The property known as the Le Vincent at 4 Rue Vincent ("The Property") is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by P A and J A Berry ("The Owner") to the renter ('the client').
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit and subject to availability, the Owner will send a confirmation receipt and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Provisional bookings by telephone or online are held for one week only. If the booking form and deposit are not received within this time, the booking will lapse and the week(s) will be made re-available.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3.1 Please note: Taxe de séjour/Tourist tax is levied on all paying guests (18 years and over) by the département of Charente-Maritime at a rate of 80 cents per person per night for 2016 and does not form part of the rental tariff. The amount due in tax will be shown separately on all invoices and must be collected by the Owner from all Clients upon arrival. The Owner will subsequently make payment of the sum collected to the local tax office on behalf of the Client.
4. A security deposit of £350 for the rental period is required and payable with the balance of the rental cost in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the 'Property', and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4:00pm on the first day and finish at 10:00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum occupancy of the property is 8. All occupants must be named on the booking form. Only those named on the booking form are permitted onto the premises or the grounds. Breach of this contractual term will result in immediate termination of the contract and forfeit of all deposit and rental charges already paid.
8. Up to 2 well-behaved Dogs may be allowed, subject to the Owner's prior approval at the time of booking only and full details must be included on the booking form. The Owner reserves the right to decide whether to allow pets on an individual basis and to refuse entry to pets that have not been declared and accepted at the time of booking. All pets staying at the Property are deemed to be under the control of the Client who shall be responsible for their safety, behaviour and cleanliness within the Property and outside areas. Dogs are excluded from the swimming pool and must be supervised while using the large field/shared garden. Clients are respectfully reminded that pets are not permitted on the beds or settees in the cottage.
9. For the safety and comfort of all our guests, the Cottage, Games Barn and Pool Area are STRICTLY NON-SMOKING. Failure to comply with this contractual obligation will cause the contract to be terminated without notice.
10. Free WiFi - The Client agrees that all guests will abide by all Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the WiFi network and Fair Usage Policy.
We offer complimentary access to the Internet to guests staying at Rue Vincent. A code to enable guests to connect to our free WiFi service will be issued upon arrival. Our Internet service is intended for email, instant messaging, browsing, using apps and accessing corporate intranets. Guests are required to comply with the fair usage policy.
Uploading and downloading data, streaming, peer to peer and other applications consume large amounts of bandwidth and data usage and are restricted under this Policy. We suggest if you plan to use any e-reader type devices that you download any e-books or online articles prior to arrival.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that you are provided with a free, uninterrupted service 24 hours a day. We will not be liable however, for any reason, if the service is not available at any time for any period, nor for any loss of data or damage to the equipment you suffer as a result of using our service. We may suspend access at any time and for any reason, including routine or emergency maintenance of the servers. For this reason we strongly recommend that you regularly save any work you are doing whilst using the service.
11. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs or damages if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way, which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties. The Client accepts full responsibility for the safety of their party in the swimming pool area and games barn, including supervision of persons under 18, and will comply with all safety instructions on display.
12. The Client shall report to the Owner or Owner's agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
13. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for:
- any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
- any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
- any loss, damage or inconvenience: - caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
14. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England . Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.